WHO'S GOT TIME FOR VIDEO ANYWAY?
NOT YOU - EVEN WHEN IT's ONLY 30"
LET ME IN
A cover letter
Right out of film school, I landed an internship at Partizan and learned 3 things:
1) It goes super fast: worked on 5 different films in the first month
2) Sky is the limit: literally, it was when that OK GO Zero G video came out
3) Amazing people: Michel Gondry sat opposite me once. We didn't talk.
And so I found this really sweet spot in commercial production where I get to work on 90 seconds films with ridiculous ambitions. Like:
- LACOSTE: Let’s have a guy run through 7 decades in a train.
- DIOR: Let’s make an ad with Natalie Portman.
- PRODIGIOUS: Let’s have our ads run in. Every. Language. Like Turkish, or Hindi.
And the best part is this business actually makes it happen.
So can I please do it with you?
I love making movies, I love whack ideas, I love your stuff.
Oh, and I want to live in Portland. Hang out at the rose garden. Make ads. Pet dogs. Make ads. Brew craft beer. Make ads. Grow a nicer beard. Make ads. Ride a bike. Make great ads.
Hope we can talk. And if you say no, I’ll keep applying anyway.